Monday, July 2, 2007

Adam 2, the Sequel... *L*

Since I have all these torsos laying around, I figured I better get right into creating with them, then my husband won't be complaining as much...well, maybe..*L*... my dining room DOES kinda look like a junk shop lately, good thing we aren't having any company any time soon to eat there..*L*
So, anyway... here is my Adam2 ... or Son of Adam, perhaps?..Maybe I should call him Cain then eh?..*L*.. funny, cuz my son's name is Kaine...anyway..spelled different and different story...

This torso is fiberglass, not like the others that were cardboard and plaster stuff. When I cut the hole for the mirror, it causes all kinds of fiberglass "sawdust" and that stuff HURTS!! OUCH! ... tiny slivers of it poked into my arms, I had to go wash down because of it. I've sanded it down, coated it with some Gesso, then tissue papered with Mod Podge after cutting the hole to fit the mirror. Then I had to build up a small platform inside the hole to be able to glue the mirror to when the time comes to do that. Right now it's just temporarily in there to see how it looks. I also found a cool metal leaf that I'll use as a fig leaf. Right now it's just propped up against Adam2, but it will be glued on a bit higher after I decoupage the pictures on it. I like how the mirror looks, almost like you are looking right thru him.
Here is the view from the back of Adam2. I kind of like the simplicity of no pictures on it, but I think it needs something more too.... maybe another idea will come to me before I start gluing?

So, that's where I am now.... More to come....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.