Saturday, July 14, 2007

Shopping Day in Hayward


Today was our annual shopping day while on vacation in Hayward. The local Sports Center was having a special Summer Fun Fest and there was a flea market there. These were some unusual things I just HAD to buy to make into some kind of assemblage.... ideas are always welcome... please DO comment!! *S*
The one large item is a jaw bone to a moose, I think?? The other is an upper plate of false teeth... a couple even have a gold filling! *L* Yes, it's weird...which is why I like them! *LOL*
We are now enjoying liquid libations around the campfire... although, it finally warmed up to mid 70's here!! We are soon to head out to COOP'S for pizza or whatever we want dinner.... I think I will just have an appetizer and a cup of soup... still full from lunch at our traditional lunch place on Saturday.... The Angler (outdoor cafe) Restaurant. Called my mom from there at lunch and told her we were thinking of her and missed her not being here too! Sometimes it's kinda bittersweet when traditions we've done as a family for close to 35-40 years change.... ahhh well... time for new traditions too..
Off to the campfire......

No comments: