Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Last Supper Wine Cork Assemblage

Okay... I said I wouldn't be making anymore assemblages before the first of the year...but I had this one in the works for my girlfriend, Deb's, birthday. It's a framed assemblage with a silver metal cross showing The Last Supper, the cross is surrounded by wine corks. With the saying at the bottom that was once a small little wall hanging of some sort, now included on this piece, and at the top is a silver wine cork remover.... hope she likes it... I included a bottle of wine and a blue crystal glass door knob wine stopper with it.

The wine is pretty cool too... Seven Deadly Zins, it goes well with the religious theme, eh? *L*...and the label makes you laugh...here is part of what the label on the back says:
Schulenburg's vines, grubby with GREED,
Embrace Lodi's soil, to drink and to feed.
Oh Lord, forgive me my zin.
Secure in it's strength, weathered with PRIDE,
Standing like soldiers, the forest of Snyde.
Oh Lord, forgive me my zin.
Hearts filled with LUST, ole Maley's trees.
Court Lodi's sun, and flirt with it's breeze.
Oh Lord, forgive me my zin.
Good Bishofberger did raise some GLUTTONOUS beast,
Vines fattened like turkeys before Thanksgiving feast.
Oh Lord, forgive me my zin.
With the tilt of the glass, I commit seven zins,
Oh Lord, with your help... I'll do it again.
Indulge!


*NOTE* Check out my post from Oct. 28th for another wine cork assemblage I made too.

No comments: