Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Goody 2 Shoes Assemblage



I had some old brass coated baby shoes sitting on a windowsill and decided to use them in a glass display case I'd found. I sanded it down and put a coat of oak stain on it to age the case, then I decoupaged cream colored tissue paper, dictionary pages on foot/feet/shoes, various vintage shoe ads, shoe paste photos, feet, a shoe measuring chart and more to the inside back and sides, then whitewashed it and dabbed some stain on to age it.

I used various old letters on the sides to spell out "GOODY" and "SHOES", and glued a number "2" to the front ... hence the title "Goody 2 Shoes". On the top is an old cast iron shoe mold for a child's shoe.


And I have room to move the shoes over and add more if I find some in my treasure hunting ...this is MUCH better than the windowsill where they sat before.

No comments: