Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pedestal, a work in progress...

My husband and son, John, made me this for Christmas. I will be using it for a pedestal for some of my assemblages. John and his crew made 4 more of these for a customer for a stairway. They were copies of some existing ones in an older home in IL. I had hinted back last year when they were making them, that I would LOVE to have one for Christmas! And they gifted me with one. It has been sitting in the kitchen waiting for warmer weather outside so I could finish it and stain it the way I wanted.

So, this weekend was perfect weather for starting. I spray painted it a cherry red color, knowing I'd be sanding off most of the paint, because then I will stain it a dark walnut color.

I'm hoping it will turn out like the dresser I refinished for my daughter's birthday last August. So, here I am so far in the process... a lot more to do... I need to get my dremel tool out to do some of the sanding in small places too...

MORE TO COME ON THIS ONE.....

No comments: