Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy All Hallow's Eve!


Here are some of the "creatures" that greeted the maurading hoards of trick or treaters we had this afternoon and tonite. Our front porch welcomed the costumed creatures, and some "Monster Mash", "Who Ya Gonna Call - Ghostbusters", and "Purple People Eater" songs also played as they came to get their treats. We probably had about 100 in 3 hours, not as many as in previous years, but it was pretty much non-stop for at least 2 of those hours.

Since John is upnorth with a hunting friend, and Kasey went off to a party with friends, I was the only one here to hand out the candy..but I enjoyed the kids, there were some pretty cool costumes too!



I stuck a couple of my torso assemblages in the front windows for decorations, and had a few comments from parents about how different and cool they were, so that's pretty awesome! Several of the kids said that the eyes in the Archangel Torso followed them and they wondered how I did that? *L* Must have been an optical illusion, but it's pretty cool that they were kind of freaked out by it..bwhahaha!

Tomorrow is All Saints Day, I need to finish my own costume for that tonite, since we ask people to come to Church dressed as a saint of our own choosing, and Fr. Bill has us share a bit about that saint during the sermon time. We don't have as many kids who have been to Sunday School to pick out costumes for their saint, but it's just as well, it will be a busy day tomorrow with baptisms happening too.

Time to relax...ahhhhhh.... quiet house, I get control of the remote, and a few pieces of Halloween candy to tide me over..*S*

1 comment:

Maureen said...

What a great idea for All Saints Day. I will pass that on to our priest.