Thursday, October 8, 2009

One of my assemblages is featured at Image & Spirit


A few days ago, C. Robin Janning the Director of Episcopal Church & Visual Arts Communications & Editor-In-Chief of Image & Spirit (an ECVA blog, which is a journal of images and words that explore life lived in community, where art and faith are a primary focus), emailed me asking if some of my assemblage photos could be sent to her to be used at Image & Spirit. I was excited that she liked them enough to use them, and I sent a few to her.

Robin combined the two together, overlapping them, making one more transparent and created this - a clever idea that I really like too. She then used it with words by Leopold Sedar Senghor (noted French poet and essayist, president of Senegal, West Africa, in the 1960s) in An African Prayer Book, Selections and with Introductions by Desmond Tutu.

Check out the Image & Spirit blog for the "Seek Ye First" entry, and be sure to scroll back and check out other posts & art there too!

Thanks Robin, I am honored to be included at Image & Spirit!

No comments: