Saturday, December 3, 2011

Advent Tea Prep ....

Tomorrow, Sunday, our Church is hosting an Old English Advent Tea. So, today are some preparations for that ... making fancy desserts, finger sandwich thingys and decorating a table for the event.

Here are some of my offerings from this morning....



Dried apricots, dipped in white almond bark, and then pecans ... yummy! I also made ham roll ups with cream cheese and olive embellishments ... and cucumber sandwiches too.




And I also decorated one of the tables ... the tea service here was my Gramma Gifford's, which had been stored in our attic the last 28 years or so. My aunt recently told me I could open those boxes and use whatever was inside them ... so, I did! I had found the chair covers at....where else... Good Will a couple of years ago, and bought some ribbon to match the blue in the plates, added gold cloth napkins, seasonal napkin rings and table decorations, and voila! I think it turned out pretty.

No comments: