Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Dresser Remake in Progress....


Months ago, when daughter Kasey and I were exploring a Good Will store, we saw a dresser that had been painted bright red... we didn't buy it, but as we were drving home Kasey said that a red dresser like that would be kind of cool to have and would look good in her bedroom. I agreed, it was an unusual color and it certainly would stand out and bring some color to a room.
So, when I found this older dresser, I thought it would be fun to sand it down and paint it red and give it to her for a birthday present... I have some cherry red paint, I'll use, distress it a bit, and then stain over it with a dark walnut stain.

At least that's the plan... I sanded it some the other day, and then got back to it tonite... here it is after wiping it down to get rid of the dust from sanding. I'm thankful for electric handsanders... sure saves a lot of time. Tomorrow I'll have to sand by hand the legs and corners that the electric sander didn't get.
Then I hope to get a coat of red paint on it.....

MORE to come.....

No comments: