Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The REAL gift of Christmas - The Present of Presence



This is an assembled piece that didn't take much work, just some imagination, and reflection. I love finding baby Jesus figurines. And when I came across the wire gift box I thought it would be a good resting place for my collection. I added an angel, announcing the gift to the world, and Mother Mary overlooking her baby, and a precious gem, a crystal "diamond-like" pendant...Lord, You are more beautiful than diamonds, and nothing I desire compares with You.



Although it's a bit early to be thinking about Christmas, (although stores seem to get into the act earlier and earlier each year!), it's always a good time to reflect on God's gift of Jesus to the world, and to each of us personally, so I am calling this assemblage "The Present of Presence".

No comments: