Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Latest Assemblage....The Lord Will Direct Us in All of Our Ways; Or The March of the Singing Nuns & Penguins; ..Heavenly Choir;...Sister Act?

This is a fun assemblage that has nuns (these 3 nuns are actually a music box, but I haven't figured out what the song it plays is yet), some assorted penguins, a choir boy, brass music staff hanging in the background, on the top is Jesus as the choir director with His baton (my grandson will think it's a light saber I bet..*L*), two enamel black & white door knobs on the sides of the shadow box frame, an old key to a tabernacle (that Fr. Bill found for me), with assorted attachments added to it (key, lock, heart, brass thingys) hanging off the white doorknob, and a brass plate at the top of the frame that reads "White Clad, trademark registered Simmons Hardware Co., St. Louis, MO, USA".

I'm still not sure what I'll title this one.. but it makes me smile when I look at it... hope others see the joy in it as well as a message that Jesus is available to give direction, when needed, for us ALL, in all things, in all ways..... and sometimes with humor added! *S*

1 comment:

Kathy McElroy said...

I enjoyed my visit here. I'll come back often.