Saturday, November 26, 2011

Turkey Leftovers ... YUMMMMMMMMM

Even though we had a family gathering for Thanksgiving, I did roast a turkey earlier so we could have leftovers this weekend...which, for us, is THE best part of having turkey!




So, of course I made the usual "turkey hash", which includes turkey, leftover mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy and whatever else you want to throw in (I also added some cream of celery soup (did not add milk or water to it), since I didn't have much gravy left .. but you can add any creamed soup to it too)... mix it all together and re-heat, it's great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or even snacks! *L*

It might not look so good here in the container, but believe me, it is DEEEELICIOUS!
Add some leftover cranberry sauce and it's something to be thankful for all over again!

Then this morning, I decided to try another way to use my leftovers (besides the usual noodle soup, or veggie soup with turkey - which is also pretty yummy, btw!).





I love the Bear Creek Soup Mixes ... they are VERY good, and easy, and make great bases for adding all kinds of extra things to make them even better!

So, I used the Creamy Wild Rice soup mix ... after getting the water to boil, and whisking in the mix, it only takes about 10 - 15 minutes of simmering (and stirring), to get it ready to add other ingredients.




I had fresh mushrooms I sauteed (adding garlic salt to taste), and adding leftover chopped turkey and stuffing.













And, it's a delicious soup/stew to enjoy!! Only took about 25 - 30 minutes total (besides the hours a few days ago in making the food for leftovers, of course! *lol*)




Yummmmmmmmmmm, Yummmmmmmmmmm in my tum!! (as the grandkids say!)

No comments: