Sunday, February 12, 2012

Stuffed Jalapenos with Sausage and Cheese... yummmmm

As if I hadn't done enough cooking and baking lately ... *L*

But I HAD to try out these stuffed jalapenos that I had seen a recipe for on pinterest.

The recipe they had was pretty similar to one I make for my stuffed mushrooms, so I thought I'd use that one... and it turned out really great!

I used a package of Jimmy Dean's maple flavored sausage, cooked and crumpled well, then drained. Added two packages (8 oz. size) of softened cream cheese to the cooked sausage, threw in some freeze dried minced onions, and about 1/2 - 3/4 of a cup of grated parmesan cheese, mixed all together.



Then I cut 15 - 20 jalapenos in half, and using a knife and melon ball utensil, I removed the seeds and white membranes. I had read that if you leave in more of the white membranes that you'll get that hot "kick" more, and the seeds are especially HOT. I took most all of that out for mine, but they were a bit mild that way, so next time I'll leave a little more of the white part of the membrane in some.



Beware of the insides you remove... once on your fingers, the residue stays and you do NOT want to itch your eyes (or other sensitive places) without making sure you wash your hands VERY well ... I had to do that about 3 times, and used lotion as well between washing to get rid of the hotness on my fingers... some people told me afterward that I could have used a milk wash, or baking soda wash to help remove the residue. Some people use rubber gloves too I've heard while getting the insides out.

Then I added the sausage and cheese mixture into each one, baked at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes or so, and viola!! Delicious jalapenos!!

They were gone in no time, devoured quickly!

No comments: