Monday, April 16, 2007

"Eve's Boudoir" Assemblage


This was a fun one to make. I found an old fox fur at Good Will (where else?) similar to the kind my grandmother used to wear, with the face, and the legs still attached. It was in bad shape so I cut it apart and used part of it to wrap around this vintage photo of a woman I am calling Eve. I used photo paper and glued her onto a wooden cutout, double sided so can see her from all angles. The wire box I turned on end and used it for a "boudoir", decorating it with metal letters that spell out LOVE hung behind Eve. A crystal hangs from a beaded wire overhead, and a crystal-like drawer pull is on top. On the opposite side is her beloved "Adam" framed and hung over some material., with fringed beading above. It sits on a glass and silver tray, another Good Will find.



No comments: