Monday, April 16, 2007

"Seek" Assemblage



This is my favorite assemblage I've made to date. I like the message "SEEK", the picture, (a vintage woman), and the found objects I've put together in it.


I am hoping to get more assemblages made and submit them to some juried gallery showings later this year.

Looking around at my dining room, which has become my "studio", along with my coffee table and the couch lately too, I see I need a BIGGER room. My daughter was home this weekend, and before leaving today for her apartment in Milwaukee, she took a stroll through the room to look for some little trinket gifts for her roommate and a friend. She told me that the dining room was just as good as going to Good Will or a really great rummage sale! (yeah, and besides that, she gets stuff for free from ME.. *L*)
I find myself dreaming of the day when my kids take back all their stuff from the basement...maybe then I can move my stash of found objects there!

I won't be holding my breath though.... *LOL*
....although, the daughter IS soon moving to Illinois...sooooooo..... who knows?
Here's a close up of the "Seek" assemblage.

No comments: