Monday, April 16, 2007

"My Portion, My Cup" Assemblage


"Lord you are my portion & my cup, You hold my future." Psalm 16:5.
In biblical times agreements & covenants were sealed with the mutual drinking from a cup. The night before Jesus was crucified He gave His disciples a cup..."..and when He had given thanks, He gave it, saying, "Drink this all of you; This is My blood of the new covenant, which is poured out for the forgiveness of sins."
This assemblage reminds me of that cup, His blood that was shed, the victory at the Cross, the key to our future, our salvation & the angels that are sent to minister to us and remind us of the promises of God found in Christ Jesus.


One of the cool things about this piece is the cup that is in it, is actually a sick call communion cup. It has a cross on the handle, and on the bottom is printed "sick call". That cup (a .99 cent find at Good Will), was the inspiration for this assemblage.

2 comments:

kate said...

This is wonderful! I love it!

Name: Roberta said...

Thank you Kate!! *S*