Sunday, April 15, 2007

My first blog posting.



Okay, here goes... my first blog entry. I wish I could think of something very inspirational to write, but I can't. I was however inspired today to finish one of my latest creations... this assemblage I am going to call "The Prayer Closet". I like to be able to convey a story, or inspire some thoughts in what I put together, I hope people "get" my creations, even if they don't see in them the same things I do, I hope it brings some inspiration to them.


The Prayer Closet is made from an old drawer turned on it's side, with a wooden ball knob added at the top and a wooden planter turned upside down as the base. Inside is a framed picture of a sky scene, depicting heaven, my thought was the idea that prayer opens the window to heaven and to God's heart. The heart is a wooden one sanded down and stained, with an old piece of jewelry over which is an eye (a doll's eye). My kids think I have become rather macabre lately as I cut apart dolls to use their limbs and features for art projects... heh, heh! Anyway, the idea of the eye on the heart was to denote God's love for us and that He is always looking out for us... I suppose you could also say God sees all ...everything we do ... Yikes!! ...but yet, thankfully, God STILL loves us despite some of those things!

The praying hands are ceramic, ones you see all the time at yard sales and such.. I thought they went well in the Prayer Closet.

The back of the Prayer Closet has a hole I put behind the picture of the sky, allowing the sun or light to come through more so it appeared that the sky was lit up a bit. Around the hole I decorated with beaded wire and a cross.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blog world. You're going to have fun, and I bet some folks are going to enjoy what you have to share. :)

Your friend and fellow traveler in youth ministry,

doss