Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Adam Assemblage Started

Some interesting things on the scripture story of creation and Adam & Eve....
Genesis 5:2 "He (God) created them male and female and blessed them. And when they were created, he called them "man"."

In Hebrew "man" is adam, which translates as mankind. I don't believe that Adam was to be taken as a literal person, but instead as a name for people (men & women) in general....mankind. This scripture supports that too for it says when "they" were created he called "them" man.

Anyway....I find those kind of things interesting when looking at God's inspired Word in scripture, to know more like that helps explain a lot, (well, sometimes - but much is still a mystery to me - I am still learning, always learning).

Sooooo, here is my start of the creation of the "Adam Assemblage".... I found a velveteen heart box and cut the hole to fit it into Adam's chest. The item inside the heart box is some kind of reflector/tail light which I found at a rummage sale. I would like to find a long, narrow box and insert a rib bone in it, carving a space in the side of Adam for that... (that's still in the idea stage, but I think it would be cool).

Wish I could stay and work on this more....but I am waaaay behind on my reports for a Vestry meeting tonite.... sooooo, (hi-ho, hi-ho) it's off to work I go.

More to come.....

No comments: