Friday, June 22, 2007

Josh & Jake's Cicada Safari

Today was my being gramma day. I had all three grandsons (6 yrs., 3 yrs. and 1 year old). We went on a safari hunt over to Lake Geneva where we went with the Youth Group on Wed., so the boys could collect some cicadas to take home to show Mom and Dad. My son (their Dad) will love me for it, I'm sure! *L*

They loved looking at the cicadas and I made up a page for their memory book of the pictures and info on them too. Maybe in 17 years, when the cicadas return, when the two older boys turn 23 and 20 years old, they can perhaps remember back when good ole Gramma 'berta took them to see their first cicadas. The baby, Jeff, slept thru the whole adventure...ahh well...he'll hear the stories from his brothers perhaps when he's older too?

The one picture I laugh about - where they are looking disgusted, I had suggested we take the cicadas home and eat them for lunch, maybe with a little wild honey like John the Baptist did! They didn't think that sounded good at all!..*haha* They were hoping for a McDonald's Happy Meal instead.... and since they seem to have this gramma wrapped around their little finger, I gave in and took them there. *S*
After stopping at a few rummage sales on the way home (the boys had to carry their bug jars with them and show EVERYone their treasured cicadas..*L*), then at Staples to run off more laser prints of Adam & Eve for my Adam torso, we came home, played in the sandbox, got on swimming trunks, sprayed each other with water guns and hoses, then came in and swang on the front porch swing while cuddled up in towels until Dad came to get them... it was a good day... but I'm ready for a NAP!! *L*

No comments: