Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Dove Release Photo

Whew.... been a busy time for me lately, and I hope to be able to post some new assemblages soon. I have 3 - 5 in the works, and hope to do some new ones that I have been gathering junk for lately too.

Here is a cool photo, although not really as clear as I'd have liked, it is cool because I was able to catch all three doves as they were released. We do a dove release each Pentecost (this year May 27th) at church... doves are symbolic of God, the Holy Spirit, and the 1st Pentecost was when the Holy Spirit was released big time on the disciples, which empowered them to share the "Good News" of Jesus Christ to others....so much so that thousands were baptised that same day as they heard and believed... because of that Pentecost is also referred to as the birth(day) of the Christian Church.
Anyway... off to work... and hopefully I'll have more art to post soon.

No comments: