Saturday, June 9, 2007

Eve in Process

I'm not sure if that is what I'll call this when it's done "Eve"...but it is depicting Eve.
Anyway... this will show a work in progress... This is the before picture. What was a really nice female torso with a great stand, and flawless body...the covering had no stains or tears, (it would have been nice to display jewelry - but I already have one for that).. soooo, I ripped the outside coverings all off to get started.

Here is the torso with the hole I sawed into it. I found a wire basket thing I thought I'd use for the insert, and a wooden apple core, that I've stained over to make it look older.
Here it is inserted into the hole I made... It is flush with the torso on the top and the bottom, but because this female torso is quite curvy, it sticks out on the sides. I'm not sure if I want it to be like that, but I'll see how it looks once I get into it more. I like the idea of seeing thru the wire basket insert, and so I'll do something on the inside of the torso as well so it can be seen ...maybe pictures collaged of inside body guts?...hmmmm, maybe not.... we'll see.
Anyway.... time for my hair appointment... I hate it when I get into a project and then have to leave for a few hours.
More to come........

1 comment:

Peter K said...

Can't wait to see what your very special and unique inspirational talents will create with THESE very odd pieces! Keep up the excellent work Roberta!..*S*