Monday, June 11, 2007

Eve - Green With Envy? Or the Jolly Green Giant's Wife?

I've decoupaged green tissue paper on "Eve" today. I had wanted something that would look garden-ish or leaf-ish to be under the pictures I am hoping to decoupage on the body, I thought at first I would paint it, but decided on tissue paper and I think it's a neat way to get a leafy like look. It's pretty green, but a lot of it won't show after the pictures are applied.

I'm still working on something for behind the stomach cage that has the apple core and the snake winding through it... not sure if what I had thought would work, will actually or work or not? It's a wooden plaque with a tree... it would symbolize the tree of the knowledge of good and evil mentioned in scripture in Genesis 2. But I may need to paint around the tree part on the plaque to make it show up better, or see if I can get my scroll saw to work and cut it out.... I hate that scroll saw, it is too hard to change the blades when they break.

One thing I did today with the tissue paper is mod podge - I'd never used it before...during the clean up, as I was peeling the stuff in large hunks off my fingers and my hand, it reminded me of how I used to love coating my hand with Elmer's glue, letting it dry, then peeling it off....*L* I know...weird eh?...ha!

I also went to the local print shop and had them make color copies of my ink jet pictures of Adam & Eve so that when I decoupage them, hopefully the color won't run at all because it's a different kind of printing...laser printing I think? Anyway... off to cut out those pictures, and let my green "Eve" dry....

....tomorrow's another day.....

1 comment:

Name: Roberta said...

Thanks for stopping in and checking out my blog. I didn't know how to contact you to thank you at your blog ... I'm rather new to this blogging.*L*
Regards from this side of the moon.
Roberta