Monday, September 8, 2008

Antique Radio, now WHAT am I gonna do with THIS?


Okay... I need help... I went and bought this antique radio at Good Will in New Berlin today... what do I need this for, you ask? I just couldn't pass it up! I had this 30 % off coupon, plus my Good Will card gave me another 5% off, so how could I NOT buy it? It's pretty cool actually... I plugged it in when I got home, and the tubes inside glow a little, when I turn the knobs they make a noise, but it was filled with cobwebs and dust, and it started smelling hot, so I unplugged it. It would be cool if it DID work, but I purchased it figuring it wouldn't work as a radio and that I would use the cabinet portion of it to make something... I have NO idea what though... but ALL kinds of ideas are flitting around... like sugarplums dancing in my head..haha.

I think I must be stuck in a "red" rut too.. I keep thinking I maybe will do it red, like that dresser I did last month, but maybe with more of the wood look showing?... who knows? ... anyway.. it's got good bones, and will be neat for something I just KNOW it!
But, when will I have time to do something to it???... looking at my calendar filling up fast lately with work stuff, church stuff, family stuff, so dunno when?

Anyway, if anyone out there reads this, and has some idea...ANY idea, please put it in a comment for consideration... thanks~!

No comments: