Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Cake Assemblage... a joke for a dear friend tonite...heh heh


Tonite we are going out to dinner with some friends, and we are celebrating Sue's birthday. I volunteered to make a cake to celebrate... BUT, this isn't just ANY cake.... although it DOES looks delicious!!

I've been making these since I was a teen, my first time was for my mom's birthday... she thought it was sooo nice of me to go out of my way to bake a cake, esp. since I really didn't do much cooking or baking as a teen. Little did she know, until she tried to cut into the cake, and it was uncut-able, that it was a joke. The pictures here can tell the story of how to make your own cake for a friend... *evil grin*

Start with a couple of rolls of toilet paper... unwind them, one at a time...then rewind them again back on the toilet paper tube. One was not enough, so I used a second roll, taping the paper to the end of the last roll. And this is what it looks like after both rolls are re-rolled.
Then to secure the paper better, I loosely added tape to the top and around the sides. I've found it helps the outter layers of the toilet paper to stay put when you begin to frost it. Here are some pics of the cake with tape, just before frosting it.


Then I carefully frosted it with chocolate frosting, sprinkled nuts on it, candles on top... and VOILA!! Looks good enough to eat!

There are a few lumps and bumps on it.. it's far from perfect, but it makes it look all the more "homemade" and delicious! Ha!

I can't wait to see Sue's expression when she tries to cut it tonite after dinner... maybe I'll be able to get a picture of it and post it later... such a friend, I am, eh?



*EDITED POST - MORE PHOTOS FROM THE PARTY*




The party was great fun, the cake was a big hit! Fun times with fun friends!

Sue was surprised and had a good laugh at the cake!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's pretty funny.