Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sure is easier to kiss away your kids hurts when they are young....

I wish I had a magic pill or magic solution to help make things easier for my adult kids when they have difficult or sad times now. It sure was a lot easier to make them feel better by just kissing away their "boo-boo's" and giving hugs when they were little. A hug, a kiss, a juice box, or a cookie... and all was right with the world again.

Those times are gone, but as a Mom, I still wish I could make things all better. :(
But it's not possible for many things anymore. My heart aches for their sorrows.

I remember someone telling me that we can't or shouldn't try to remove all the stumbling blocks that may be in the paths that our children are on... if we did that, how would our kids learn to cope or get past those stumbling blocks on their own? So, as difficult as it is, sometimes we know there is not a whole lot we CAN do and all we can do is be there if they want to talk, we can pray, pray, pray, and we can love them, and let them know that love IS there.

My prayers will include some promises from God, found in scripture, that not only will help my kids, but help me as well in dealing with the heart of a Mom.

2 Thessalonians 2:16+17: May our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and God our Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting comfort and hope which we don't deserve, comfort your hearts with all comfort, and help you in every good thing you say and do.

Psalms 147:3: He heals the broken heartened, binding up their wounds.

Psalm 46:1: God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in times of trouble.

Ecclesiastes3:1-4: To every thing there is a season, a time to every purpose under the heaven: a time to be born, a time to die, a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal, a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance.

Lord God, I pray that Your Word, Your Love and Your Presence give comfort to Kaine and Erin as they examine their lives and their relationship with each other and what that relationship will be, and as they examine their relationship with You, Lord. May we also continue to give support and love to them both, and to Jorden, may they be open to Your Will for them, and may they know that season of joy and dancing again soon, in Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

No comments: