Saturday, September 27, 2008

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N!!!

I am officially on VACATION!! ... for a few days anyway. Today we have a family wedding. I'm from a large family, just my side of the family numbers about 60 now...it's easy to lose count, seems even the nieces and nephews are exploding with new kids lately..*L* And my sister's son, Aaron, who is getting married, her husband Mel's side of the family is a HUGE one too.. so, with family and friends, it's gonna be a BIG wedding! It should be lots of fun too!

Right after the wedding, depending on how late we stay, (we may leave that night or before dawn the next morning), daughter Kasey and I are going on a road trip. Since hubby is off to Canada hunting for moose, Kasey and I are off to South Dakota. Our destination is Mt. Rushmore, but we plan on seeing all the cool, whacky, unusual, beautiful, awesome sights inbetween here and there too!

Here are some funny things I googled that we may take time to stop at and see....
World's Largest Ball of Twine, Darwin, MN, Old Brewery Hill Spook Light, LeSueur, MN, Jolly Green Giant, BLue Earth, MN; The Spam Museum, Austin, MN; Replica Statue of David, giant Muffler Man Mr. Bendo, giant Buffalo Bill statue, Sioux Falls, MN; Corn Palace, Mitchell, SD; tiny Church Rest Stop, White Lake, SD; Wall Drug, Badlands, SD; Lawnmower pileup art, Dinosaur Park, Men made from tires art, Rapid City, SD; and if there are art galleries along the way, of course we will stop there...and much, much MORE!

We are taking our computers and our digital cameras so we can snap photos and record our events in our blogs along the way... I can't wait!!

Praying for good weather, no car worries, safe travels and FUN times!

MORE TO COME ALONG THE WAY....

No comments: