Tuesday, March 27, 2012

An Assemblage of Roasted Veggies and Bacon Wrapped Asparagus ...yummm!



I decided to experiment again with some recipes ... the family being my guinea pigs again! I had made this recipe before, but hadn't used yams in it before, so I thought I'd see how they tasted ... delicious!




Before, during and after photos ... I used regular potatoes, yams, zucchini, tomatoes, onions, some herb and garlic seasonings and some olive oil, stirred it all together, then arranged them in a baking dish, alternating them to make it look cool.

I like how peeling a stripe on the potatoes and zucchini, makes it look "fancy" after it's sliced.



Here is my dish, ready to pop into the oven at 375 degrees ...covered it with foil for the first 25 - 30 minutes, then uncovered it and sprinkled some grated parmesan cheese on top, and put it back in the oven (uncovered) for another 15 - 20 minutes.

The last few minutes, I turned the broiler on low, and toasted the top of the veggies just a bit too... Here's the finished dish ... it was deeeelicious!!




While the veggies were roasting, I also prepared the asparagus.



Cut off the ends, then coated them with a little olive oil, sprinkled on herb and garlic seasoning, and wrapped two or three spears together with one piece of bacon. (I used an apple wood flavored bacon just to give it a unique taste).





I popped these into the oven during the last 15 minutes or so of the baking time (at 375 degrees) with the roasted veggies. Then turned the boiler on low, and watched as the bacon browned under it. It doesn't take long to crisp the bacon, and you have to watch so that they don't get burned too when doing this.




Here are the finished spears with the crisped bacon... YES, it IS true, everything is better with bacon! *lol*

And it made the leftover chicken wings I served with these dishes so much better too! ... Dinner is served.....

No comments: