Monday, March 5, 2012

Veggies! It's What's For Dinner!


Making more roasted veggies for dinner ... Been SOOOO having cravings for brussel sprouts lately!! So, combining some recipes and adding other stuff along the way, I made them and more tonite for dinner.

Started by slicing up yellow potatoes (the last time I made this recipe, the potatoes weren't cooked all the way, so, after I sliced them up and stirred them in olive oil, ground pepper and sea salt, I precooked them for a bit in the microwave for about 6 - 7 minutes). Then I sliced up tomatoes (sliced rather thick), and added salt, crushed basil paste (I found at WalMart). Sliced up yellow squash, and some orange peppers. Another good veggie for this recipe is zucchini sliced (but I didn't have any this time). Also sliced some onions that I precooked for a bit with the potatoes.

In a baking dish I had sprayed with olive oil-Pam, I put in the onions, then alternately put together the potatoes, yellow squash, tomatoes, peppers, etc... in row after row to fill the baking dish. Covered them with tin foil, and baked at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle on parmesan cheese (I ran out of that so I used shredded cheese I had for tacos), continued baking for 25 minutes or so, and tahh dahh! Delicious veggie dish!




I also made, at the same time ... roasted brussel sprouts with mushrooms and cauliflower. I cut the brussel sprouts in half, put in the sliced mushrooms with the broken apart cauliflower pieces, added virgin olive oil, ground pepper, sea salt, crushed garlic cloves, and put onto a baking sheet (lined with tin foil, sprayed with olive oil Pam), and baked it along with the other veggie dish. Usually the brussel sprouts take 40 minutes at 425, but at 375, they took about an hour.

Here are photos of the finished veggies, and dinner is served (veggies along with some smoked turkey)!! Yummmmmmmm

No comments: