Thursday, March 29, 2012

Assembling Some Holy Week & Easter Decorations



Just a few things I put together, haven't had much time for art, but hopefully after Easter I'll be able to get out some of my treasures and create some things.

I had a few glass domes that I thought I'd use this year for decorations.

I'm calling this assemblage "Denied Him Thrice", it's more a reminder of Maundy Thursday/Good Friday events, and Peter's denial, that Jesus predicted, (this one from Mark 14:30) "Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, Peter--this very night, before the rooster crows twice, you will deny three times that you even know me."




This one is titled "The Lord Will Fulfill His Purpose", which is what is inscribed on the cross in the dome. His purpose being to bring us new life in the sacrifice He gave for us all. (the eggs and green grass symbolize new life.)

And this Easter Dome is called "He is Risen!".





Using some of the secular Easter decorations can have a place in bringing the real message of what our Easter celebrations are all about, especially when explaining the events of Holy Week and celebration of Easter Morning too! .... Alleluia! He is Risen Indeed!

No comments: