Monday, April 16, 2012

Corn Dog Muffins .....

Another thanks to Pinterest for this idea ....   If you like corn muffins (and my grandkids and kids do), you'll like these too!

Easy and delicious!  I used Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, but I only used 1/4 cup of milk (instead of 1/3), with the one egg, and then also added a heaping 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce. (it helps the muffin stay moister and adds a bit of flavor to the corn muffin) 
After mixing it all together, I put spoonfuls into a mini muffin tin (that makes 24 mini muffins), filling each one about 1/2 full.  Then cut hotdogs into fourths, inserted into the center of each muffin, and baked for about 15 minutes or so.  (I'd check them after 10 minutes in case your oven runs hotter).
 


These will be fun to have the grandkids help me make too next time they are here!

No comments: