Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Heart Exchange ...

Our Christ Church Book Club is reading the book, LOVE WINS, by Pastor Rob Bell.  We are doing a chapter a week and on Monday night we finished discussions on Chapter 5.  One of the discussion questions asked of all of us was, "What exactly happened during Jesus' crucifixion and death on the cross?"

After pondering it for a minute or two, I realized that I had answered that question in one of my art assemblages...


What happened was a heart exchange ... God incarnate (in the flesh), gave up his life, because of his great love for all creation .. but that was made real for me, when I accepted God's great sacrifice, and in turn, gave my heart and gave my life, to God, my Creator, my Redeemer, the lover of my soul, and who is so much more!

2 comments:

Peter K said...

A creative mind is a mind which
knows no limits and this is obvious in all your work, Roberta.

Name: Roberta said...

Thank you Peter K.