Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chicken Noodle Vegetable Soup with No Chicken?


I have some leftover roast chicken that my family says we have "picked clean". I had hoped to have extra from it to make some soup this week. So when I heard them say that, I thought maybe I'd just make the chicken soup stock with noodles and veggies and no chicken, it would still be good.

When I pulled out the chicken carcas, I realized there was a LOT of chicken left, if one would just work for it. And as you can see from the photo, there is still much left that I imagine many would wish they had for food. What a wasteful family we are, what wasteful person "I" am often, what a wasteful nation we are too... this little bit would be a feast in the eyes of many...


Lord, help me to be mindful of the needs of others, not that these leftovers would help, but my other resources would help, and I can give up much of what we have, if only I'd be mindful ... Lord, forgive me.

No comments: