Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Myriad of Handicap Devices...



Okay... so, it appears I have started a collection of items used by those who, for whatever reason, have some kind of disability, and use these items to help in their lives. I, on ocassion, have used a couple of these myself... crutches, wheelchair.. and my husband has also used them (more than I have), crutches, wheelchair, walkers, canes, braces and more.

The most recent item I've come across is a lower leg prosthesis. I didn't paint the "dripping blood" on this one, it came that way, someone evidently had a sense of humor.

I'm not sure what I'll do with this ... although I was considering using it in my war chest installation assemblage.. but now that I have realized I have many such items, I may do an assemblage tribute to disabilities? Not sure, but it's an interesting idea to gather ideas for.



Here are some of my other items... I have a wooden cane collection that hangs on a coat rack in my hallway.



I also have a few wooden crutches ... and a couple of years ago, I bought this old wheelchair at an auction for a couple of dollars ... I would really love to use it somehow.





Sooo, any ideas out there? I'd be glad to hear some..thanks!

No comments: