Saturday, September 4, 2010

Spaghetti for 50 or so.... and FREE Church Pews...


Tomorrow is the mass birthday party celebration for the Aug. and Sept. birthdays on my side of the family. We are hosting everyone here, although not everyone will be coming because some are camping, some working, some have other things they had already arranged. But we will have about 50 or so people, so I made spaghetti sauce and noodles this morning ...combined them together, and will reheat them, casserole style, in my Nesco roaster tomorrow. We'll also have honey BBQ chicken wings, salads, garlic texas toast, corn on the cob, mint brownie cake and carmel apple cake (made by DIL Janel!)..and more. Jorden slept in late, but when she woke up, she had fun playing in the plastic bin of balls as I finished combining the spaghetti.. such fun!! *S*




In getting ready for tomorrow, I've decided to get rid of some things I was going to save and make into something... not sure what I was going to make those things into...but I'd been saving the large desk and radio cabinet now for over 2 years and it was just taking up space... so, with the help of son Kaine, he helped load them into my car and off to GoodWill I went with the donations.

I had a method to my madness however, and couldn't just leave a big blank space where the stuff had been before, so, since our Church is giving away FREE pews, I decided to get one. They are almost 14' long, and John had to take the trailer up to Church to haul it home... it took Kaine and me (John can't lift that much weight) to get it out of the Church, but Kaine did the most work...and it took Kasey and Kaine and me to get it into the front porch, having to lift it high above the outside railing on the porch because there was no way to make the turn from the steps.

Anyway... it's now on the porch, and makes the porch look SOOOO long, but it will offer much more seating space for large family gatherings, and so far, I like it!




If anyone would like a FREE CHURCH PEW, let me know, and I'll put you in contact with the person in charge of the distribution.

So, now off to finish doing other things since Jorden is tucked in for the night.... tomorrow the chaos will start after 1.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Roberta,

Jim McCalmont, Carolee's husband. We would be interested in looking at the pews for the church. We have 2 broken pews and could use 2-more at the back of the churc- to exted our seating. call me - 608-774-1916.

Thanx